Options - Advanced¶
There are many settings which can be manually configured by advanced users in the XML files settings.xml and media.xml. In the settings.xml you will find general information that is specific to the device or the user, such as the name to be displayed during a conference or network settings (proxy). The media.xml file stores information specific to the presentation, e.g. the paths to the 360° media used or the Location of the Hotspots.
Advanced settings are discussed in this chapter. For information on other settings, refer to Settings
Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW)¶
Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) may help to optimize performance on slow PCs. However, this function is not very effective with present4D. By default, present4D deactivates ASW on launch and reactivates when present4D is closed. If desired, this option can be changed by editing the
<Parameters> ... <DisableASW>true</DisableASW> ...
- DisableASW = true
- Deactivates ASW when present4D is launched
- DisableASW = false
- ASW settings are not changed by present4D (the default)
If you set DisableASW to true, maybe your antivirus program will block present4D because we’re simulating pressing the keyboard to turn off ASW.
If an error occurs and you would like support from present4D, please send us a bug report:
- Press F12 immediately after starting present4D. This causes actions performed in the program to be saved in a log file.
- Repeat the steps that will reproduce the error.
- Press F12 to automatically send us the log report via Email.
- Email or call present4D for more information.
Without internet connection: please send the report manually. The log file is located here:
You can also find the log file by copying the entire path to the file and pasting it into the Windows search box, as follows:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard or click the Windows icon in the lower-right of the screen to open up the text search boxt.
- Copy this full path and filename for the log file
- Paste it into the Windows search box to open the file.
Global Background Sound¶
A global background sound plays during the whole presentation.
<tourSettings> ... <globalBackgroundSound url="ambient.wav" volume="1.0" /> ...
- File path:
- File format:
Mirrored Oculus View¶
The newest Oculus driver turns the mirrored display off when the HMD is not used. Use this setting to turn the mirrored view always on which may improve the screen and smooth motion.
This setting is edited in
There are three modes in XML:
- Always visible, highest quality image with optional smoothing
- Standard behavior from the headset manufacturer (poorer quality, picture black if headset is not used)
- No mirroring, the headset view is not visible on the monitor (black window for privacy)
<CustomDeviceView> <!-- Should High Quality Custom Device View be used ? Set to default on low end PCs, set to none if the headset view should not be visible on PC Monitor - HQ (recommended), default, none --> <!-- Can temporarily be switched by pressing D on your keyboard --> <mode>HQ</mode> <!-- Should the Custom Device View be smoothed? (recommended when showing on a TV / presentation - false or true --> <smoothing_enabled>true</smoothing_enabled> <!-- Defines behavior of smoothing. lower is smoother. Recomended Range: 2 to 20; 0 = freeze, 8 = default, 50 = similar to smoothing disabled --> <smoothing_factor>8</smoothing_factor> </CustomDeviceView>
These modes can be switched through temporarily (i.e. only for the current runtime) with the d key on the keyboard.
POI Real Time Content¶
Display content from a website in a POI.
Follow this example to set this up in
<hotspot pan="0.963562" tilt="2.84503174" text="" icon="poi" scaleH="0.3" distanceH="6" hideText="false"> <poi headline="Loading" subheadline="Population of India" websiteURL="http://www.livepopulation.com/country/india.html" refreshRate="1.0" pasteInSubheadline ="false" stringBeforeElement="class="current-population">" stringAfterElement="</b></p>" /> </hotspot>
- Choose a website
- Open the website code (right click in browser, “View Page Source”)
- Choose a good identifiable string before the information you wish to display
- Choose a good identifiable string after the information you wish to display
- Convert the string’s xml to conform with the following tool: http://www.freeformatter.com/xml-escape.html#ad-output
- Copy the strings to stringBeforeElement and stringAfterElement
- pasteInSubheadline = true
- The information will be pasted into the subheadline
- pasteInSubheadline = false
- The information will be pasted into the headline
Reset on Inactivity¶
If the VR headset is inactive for a specified number of seconds, the presentation will start at the defined Location the next time the headset is used. This is useful in a classroom or a conference setting where multiple people may be sharing a headset to view the same project. The reset currently only works with Oculus Rift, Oculus Go and Samsung GearVR.
Edit this setting in
<tourSettings> ... <inactivityReset enabled="true" idle_threshold="5" reset_location="1_2" /> ...
- enabled = false
- Deactivate the reset
- enabled = true
- Activate the reset
- Time in seconds before reset
- Location which will be started after the reset
Rotation in Non-VR Mode¶
<customCameraRotationValues speed=”” smoothing=”” />
speed=”0.22” smoothing=”0.0001” (Wert muss zwischen 0 und 1 liegen, je größer der Wert desto länger das nachlaufen)
Video end Actions¶
At the end of 360° videos, it is possible to trigger an action, such as:
- Pause the video
- Loop the video
- Jump to another 360° Location
Edit these settings in
<Location id="1_7" title="stereo video" onPanoEnd="pause" category="" pan="0" tilt="0" backgroundMusic="" northCorrection="0" dateUpId="" dateDownId="" panoOnBackgroundEnd="" volume="0.6">
<Location id="1_7" title="stereo video" onPanoEnd="loop" category="" pan="0" tilt="0" backgroundMusic="" northCorrection="0" dateUpId="" dateDownId="" panoOnBackgroundEnd="" volume="0.6">
<Location id="1_6" title="Intro" onPanoEnd="loadLocAfterVideo" goToLoc="1_7" goalKeepCurrentRotation="false" goalFadeInstant="false" goalPan="60" goalTilt="5.5" category="" pan="266.823853" tilt="1.03375244" backgroundMusic="" northCorrection="0" dateUpId="" dateDownId="" panoOnBackgroundEnd="" volume="0.6" >
Sound Falloff Parameter¶
The falloff setting controls the angle at which the sound can still be heard.
Edit this setting in
<HotSpot> ... <sound ...=... falloff="-1" ...=... > ...
- Plays with no falling off
- Plays only when 45° to the right and left sides.
- Parameter can be
- 0 - 360°
Web Sync Smoothing¶
The setting has an affect on performance and network latency when using conference laser pointer and Mirror via Network. The smaller the value, the smoother movements will appear but at the expense of the actuality of the position and rotation.
Edit this setting in
<Parameters> ... <NetworkInterpolation>0.04</NetworkInterpolation> ...
- NetworkInterpolation = 0.04
- Preset - a good average for most networks
- NetworkInterpolation = 0.01
- Very smooth movements but may have higher network latency
- NetworkInterpolation = 0.08
- Jerky movements but less network latency
Easy Proxy setup¶
Proxy handling is very easy: follow the screen instructions if no internet connection is available.
Proxy Handling in older Versions
PROXY HANDLING in old V1.4:
Please generate an additional file proxy.xml and place it beside the
The proxy.xml should contain:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?> <Parameters> <ProxyServer enabled="true"> <HTTPProxyURL>http://192.168.0.109</HTTPProxyURL> <HTTPProxyPort>808</HTTPProxyPort> <HTTPProxyUsername></HTTPProxyUsername> <HTTPProxyPassword></HTTPProxyPassword> </ProxyServer> </Parameters>
Please make sure you add the prefix http:// before the IP to create a valid url.
Proxy for GearVR and Cardboard in old V1.4:
Please generate an additional file proxy.xml (see above) and place it beside the
Additionally the global proxy settings of your smartphone have to be configured with the same settings.
If the file
settings.xml is missing on your smartphone, please copy the file proxy.xml into the folder named after your Portal Key in the folder path:
- On Android Cardboard
de.Present4D.VRSuiteCardboard/files/Present4D/VR-Suite/[:term:`Portal Key` xxx.xxx]/
- On Android GearVR
de.Present4D.VRSuiteGearVR/files/Present4D/VR-Suite/[:term:`Portal Key` xxx.xxx]/
If there is no existing Portal Key folder, please initialize your present4D:
- Use a less secured network
- Upload a small non-confidential test project from your Windows computer to the cloud server.
- Start present4D app on your smartphone and enter your Portal Key
- Download the test project
Now the setup is ready. In future you can use proxy or copy the project via cable.
Skip Connection Check¶
In some cases while using a WLAN router without internet, the connection check takes more than 20 sec. If you need this setup you can skip the connection check!
Create a dummy file named
connectionCheck.ignore (an empty text file is OK.)
make sure not to create a connectionCheck.ignore.txt file.
The file extensions may be hidden by your operating system.
Copy the file into the following Location:
- On a PC
- Place the file inside your Project Portal Folder
- On Android Cardboard
/Android/data/de.Present4D.VRSuiteCardboard/files/Present4D/[:term:`Portal Key` xxx-xxx]/connectionCheck.ignore
- On Android GearVR
/Android/data/de.Present4D.VRSuiteGearVR/files/Present4D/[:term:`Portal Key` xxx-xxx]/connectionCheck.ignore
|Arrow up||Switch to next 360-degree Location|
|Arrow down||Switch to previous 360-degree Location|
|1||loads the folder 1_1|
|2556||loads the folder 1_2556|
|a||With a, you open the dialog to license single 360-degree Locations. Not available in all license models.|
|l||Toggles the laser pointer.|
|x||Restarts the walk through.|
|f||(follow) During conference mode, you switch to the 360-degree Location and the current view of the conference leader.|
|shift||Activates and deactivates the synchronization of the slideshows of all conference members, when the conference leader shows a slideshow.|
|Page up||Increases the HotSpot and infospot icon size|
|Page down||Decreases the HotSpot and infospot icon size|
|p||Change the distance of the HotSpot and infospot icons from the eyes|
|o||Change the distance of the HotSpot and infospot icons from the eyes|
|Esc||Ends the software (can be deactivated in the file settings.xml)|
Visit our Youtube Tutorial Video Channel