The present4D VR-Suite has many important settings that can be modified from the iMenu, including the project’s preview image, how Welcome Text is to be displayed, what keystrokes to use to start Editor Mode, Conference Mode settings, and many others. To get the most from present4D, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with all the items on this tab of the menu.
For many settings, changes require that the project be restarted before the change takes effect. This is noted when the words ** PLEASE RESTART!** appear in the lower-right corner of the iMenu.
Some settings can also be manually configured by advanced users in the XML files settings.xml and media.xml. In the settings.xml you will find general information that is specific to the device or the user, such as the name to be displayed during a conference or network settings (proxy). The media.xml file stores information specific to the presentation, e.g. the paths to the 360° media used or the Location of the HotSpots in the panorama..
Functions and Settings¶
With the setting Conference Mode you can choose whether options regarding Conference Mode appear at the start of a project. Select from these options:
- No conference choice is shown at the launch. The project is always launched in single-user mode.
At launch the user can choose if he wants to
- Start Tour Alone
- Start Conference
- Enter Conference (when a conference is already started by another participant).
- Starts a conference automatically
- Join the first available conference
During a conference, multiple users on their own devices can view the same project. The project must first be downloaded to all devices. The participants will see the view point of the others as laser pointers. For more information about Conference Mode, refer to: Conference and Mirror via Network
Set this as Start Location¶
Use this setting to define which location is initally viewed when the project is launched. The default starting location is the first location listed on the iMenu. To select a different starting location:
- Choose the Locations tab (at the top of the iMenu).
- Navigate to the location you wish to use to start the project by clicking the Arrow in a Circle icon.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Highlight Set this as Start Location.
- Click to set the current location as the initial location.
Conference Slideshow Sync¶
With Conference Slideshow Sync the leader can open and control the Slideshows for all participants. Video spooling is not synchronized.
When the leader starts a slideshow, all participants are brought to the same 360° Location and the Slideshow is opened. The participants cannot close the Slideshow. The Slideshow is closed when the leader closes it. By default, the status of videos is not synchronized. Change this setting by selecting:
Mirror via Network¶
With the Mirror via Network Receive setting, you can choose to mirror the view of a PC or mobile device onto another PC or Smart Device. For example, turn this on to mirror what a user with a VR headset is seeing on another monitor for others to view. The computer to be mirrored starts the conference (via Internet or LAN), then join the conference on the second device.
- Choose to disable this option
- Choose to make this option active
Read important information: Mirror a View to a PC or Device
To prevent the unwanted editing of a project, use this setting to temporaryily change the method used to Start Editor. This is helpful when people are viewing the project who you do not wish to be able to change it. Choose between these methods to enter Editor Mode:
- + password “edit”
Whenever you change this setting, you must restart the project for the change to take effect.
If you select Change Editor Password., you are also required to enter a password. The default password is: edit and it can be changed using the setting
Once you have started Editor Mode using a 10-times click, the project reverts to using the 2 x spacebar option. This makes it easier to temporarily get in and out of Editor Mode. Restart the project to return to using the 10-times click option.
Refer to this link for more information on how to enable the Editor Mode: <Link Editor Overview, Start Editor Mode>.
Change Editor Password¶
With Change Editor Password you can set an individual editor password. You must restart the project for the change to take effect.
Once you change your password, you will not be able to reset it!
The new password is valid for all devices associated with your Portal Key and will be synchronized over the Internet.
If you lose your password, we can reset it for you, but we need your serial number for authentication!
Your Name in Conference¶
Use Your Name in Conference to enter the name you wish to use in Conference mode. The default name is “User”. To change the name:
- Click on the Your Name in Conference to the right of
- Enter the name you wish to use in conferences by clicking on the letter icons or typing it on the keyboard in non-VR Mode.
- Click the green check mark or press the Enter key in non-VR Mode.
Laser & Guided Tour¶
With Laser & Guided Tour you can switch on the use of a laser pointer for VR Mode. For inexperienced users, the Laser Pointer makes it easier to select icons, like HotSpots and Slideshows. We suggest to leave the Conference Name empty. activates an arrow that will always point to the Guided Tour HotSpot. This makes it easier to find the “next” HotSpot and not get lost in the project. Choose from these options:
Logo & Splash Registration¶
It is possible to customize present4D to place your own logo in the iMenu, the Project Portal, and the Global Loading Image that appears when you launch the program. Both files are valid for your Project Portal.
To the right of Logo & Splash Registration, click on to bring up a dialog box with options used to change the Global Logo and the Loading Image.
- Global Logo: Click Change to select and embed the logo for that will appear on the Project Portal and the iMenu.
- Global Loading Image: Click Change to select and embed the image that will be shown when a Project is loading.
- Logo filenname:
- Path: xxx-xxx/data_mypresentation (where xxx-xxx is your Portal Key)
- Logo dimensions: 990 x 338 px
- Splash dimensions: 1024 x 400 px
- File Format: .png transparency is supported
Project Preview Image¶
Preview images are shown for each project in the Project Portal. To select a new preview image for the currently loaded Project:
- Highlight the setting Project Preview Image
- Click on
- Browse to find the desired image and click Open
Preview image dimensions: 1280 x 720 px Visible area: 550px height
With Quality Settings you set the rendering quality of all content using a ranking from to .
- Choose For the Best rendering quality. When using this quality setting, make sure the computer or Smartphone is capable of displaying the content at this level.
- Choose For Good rendering quality which is acceptable on most devices.
- Choose For Lowest image quality that can be displayed even on older and low-speed devices.
Presentation Safe Mode¶
The Presentation Safe Mode has two possible settings:
When set to True, several functions are removed from the Project Portal. This provides a way to ensure your project cannot accidentally be altered, deleted, or duplicated by a person viewing it. In Safe Mode, only projects that are already downloaded are displayed. Presentations that are additionally available on the server are hidden.
In Presentation Safe Mode, these options are no longer available on the Project Portal:
- Enter Portal Key
- Enter Serial
- Reload Settings
- Duplicate Presentation
- Delete Presentation
- Delete Presentation from Server
When lock symbol is visible in the Project Portal.is set to True, a small
Set the duration that Slideshow images are displayed with the Picture Time setting. Choose from these options:
(With this setting, the duration to display individual imagess can be set by manually editing the file
Note: This setting does not affect the duration of videos since they play to the end.
Show Welcome Text¶
The setting Show Welcome Text defines when Welcome Text is displayed
- : The Welcome Text is shown only when the Location is loaded for the first time. (This can be reset using the x key)
- : Use this option to have Welcome Text displayed every time the Location is loaded.
Automatic Project Start¶
If you enable Automatic Project Start, the current presentation is automatically loaded whenever you start present4D. In this case, the Project Portal is skipped and the user is taken directly to the selected project. This function is useful if, for example, only a certain presentation is to be shown at a trade fair or during an important presentation, or if the entire system is to start automatically after a power failure.
This setting has two options:
Visit our Youtube Tutorial Video Channel