How to View a VR-Suite Project¶
- The first step to viewing a VR-Suite presentation is to install the VR-Suite Trial Version https://vr-suite.com/en/download-form/. To get the full benefit of the program, you will also want to set up a compatible VR headset.
- Double click on VR-Suite icon on the desktop to start the program. This opens the Project Portal that shows all the available presentations.
- In VR, you can look around by just turning your head. Look left, right, up and down.
- To interact with the program in VR there is an action that is similar to a mouse click: When you turn your head to interactive elements, a cross hair cursor indicates that you can interact. By placing the cross hair cursor above the button for a short moment (indicated by an evolving circle) the VR-Click is executed.
- In the Project Portal, download the project named “Introduction”. Look towards the Cloud Symbol on the preview image to download that project.
- When the download is finished the Cloud Symbol disappears and a Play Button is available to start the Project.
- Choose Start Alone to experience the Project by yourself. You can choose Start Conference if you wish to join others in the Project via the internet.
- These start options can also be set in Editor Mode Start Editor Mode
- With the VR-Click you can:
- Slideshows can have different content types such as photographs and other images, videos, documents in .PDF format, 3D objects, or multiple choice quizzes.
- Close a Slideshow by just look away outside the Slideshow border.
- To close the VR-Suite Project press Alt+F4
- Start Editor Mode
- Launch the iMenu
How to Create a Project¶
A VR-Suite Project can be created with the built-in Editor or with an external method called the Advanced Input Method. Presentations can be created while wearing a VR headset or without a headset, in non-VR-Mode.
The first step is to define the purpose of your Project and decide how to meet the needs of your target group. This will lead you to determine what content is needed and in what order you want to display it.
Collect all the desired media (you can add, delete or change content at any time later).
Start the VR-Suite by double clicking the VR-Suite icon on the desktop (either using a VR-Headset or without)
In the Project Portal click on +Create in the lower right corner & enter a Project Name. If you are using non-VR mode, you can type the name on your standard keyboard. (The name can only contain standard alpha-numeric characters.)
Select “Start Now” and a tutorial panorama is displayed that explains how to build up a Project. It consists of 6 illustrated steps.
Use the select button on your VR controller or double-tap the Space Bar on the keyboard to enter Editor Mode. You must be in Editor Mode to select your content and define the structure of your presentation. Start Editor Mode
Open the “iMenu” with one of these methods:
- In VR mode, look forward, then move your head down until you see the i icon for the iMenu
- In non-VR mode, double-click the mouse
- See also Launch the iMenu
Left: iMenu in Viewer Mode; Right iMenu in Editor Mode
Select the type of 360° content you want to add to the presentation: Normal, Stereo, Streaming, or Streaming Stereo. Browse to the Location of your files and select them. You can drag in multiple files at once. This is a fast way to establish a number of Locations at once.
Navigate to any Location using the arrow icon and choose the Media option to create a slideshow, add sound, add a Point of Interest label, add a view of a 3D object, or create a multiple-choice test for that Location.
Change any of the Settings associated with this project
Individualize the initial splash screen by following the instructions in this chapter: Customize Logo and Interface .
Choose the Distribution option to upload the finished presentation to a cloud server so it is available to share with others.
Install the VR-Suite App on mobile devices or other desktop computers and enter the VR-Suite Portal License Key.
Download your presentation and launch it.
Now you can use your presentation even offline or view it with others in Conference Mode.
Visit our Youtube Tutorial Video Channel