Please see also the important Update Notes
New in Version 2.1¶
Changed name of all Apps from VR-Suite to present4D
- Additional Installer Version for PC.
- Improved Import
- FARO ScanPlan Projects inclusive interactive Map (ScanPlan Export to present4D)
- FARO Scene Webshare Projects
- FARO Zone3D (Zone3D Export to present4D)
- Improved Export of Quiz results
- NonVR: New button for easy access to the iMenu
- Improved PDF Slideshow support with zoom feature.
- Fixed 3D Connexion Mouse Driver problem
- Minor Bugfixes
New in Version 2.0¶
- New User Interface to easily add Content
- Quiz for Multiple Choice Training and Surveys
- 360° Live Streaming
- Project Portal for managing multiple Target Groups
- Optional HTML Export
- Better Server Performance with Amazon Cloud Service
- HotSpot Target View Automation
- PDF Support for 360° Locations & Slideshows
- Snap Turning
- Improved User Interface
- Improved Controller Support
- Improved 3D Positioning of HotSpots and Icons
- Improved Presentation Safe Mode
- Performance Boost for Downloads
- Fixed long Turning in Non-VR Mode
- Fixed Problems with Stereo 360 Videos
- Numerous Detail Improvements and Fixes
- Completely revised Manual
NEW in Version 1.6 - 24.09.2018
- Launcher (from GearVR and Oculus Go) is now also used on PC to handle multiple presentations more easy.
- Sync between devices (Make changes in VR Editor on mobile devices and sync these changes back to the cloud server)
- Display that an update of a presentation is available
- It is possible to skip the launcher and autostart a specific presentation
- Better dialogs, for example if you really want to delete a tour
- Duplicate an existing tour
- In earlier versions max 6 presentations could be handled in launcher, now it is unlimited
- If the upload of a presentation update was interrupted, the existing presentation on the server could not be used any more. Now we have integrated an automatic roll back.
- “create” button in launcher to create a new presentation
- On upload a presentation it is not longer necessary to enter a presentation name. present4D will overtake the current presentation name. (To change the name please duplicate the presentation.)
- Preview images can be updated in launcher if a newer one is available.
- In Presentation Save mode, more buttons are hidden in launcher.
- License Key could now be entered in launcher instead of iMenu.
- Licensing: if the serial is copied to the clipboard it will automatically be pasted in license menu
- Upload: “not iOS-compatible” message with more concrete information
- Improved tablet support (Beta)
- GearVR Home screen: New additional App to create an present4D Icon on Home screen.
- 3D Objects can be embedded in slideshows.
- Editor: password can be individualized!
- Editor: more controller are supported: Oculus touch, steamVR, Oculus Go, GearVR
- Intuitive icon at “open explorer” button in iMenu
- Set an individual presentation preview image for the launcher
- You can now also confirm text entries with the enter key
Conference & Mirror via Network
- Mirror via Network: If the sending device is paused, at the receiving device could automatically start a screen saver movie
- The arrow graphic could be individualized now with an own png graphic
- Laser pointer: Custom size
- Automatic reconnecting if network errors occur in conference mode
- Improved proxy possibilities
- Oculus Go is now officially supported, including file transfer via cable
- disableTransparencyOfHotSpotButtons is now reactivated
- disableTransparencyOfSlideshowButtons is now reactivated
- many detail improvements
- The following bugs are known and we still are working on them:
- Mirror via Network & Screen saver: Screen saver does not end if more than 2 devices are connected.
- 3D Objects & Conference Mode: The Objects can not be turned an closed if more than 2 devices are connected.
- iOS crashes while starting if the device is in landscape mode.
- Oculus Go: it is not possible to enter the License Key (for sync back your edits)
- Cardboard Touch Mode (Beta): Butons are so small that they can not be used very comfortable. In Edit Mode the icons will be moved if you drive with your finger above them.
- If you change a clientID while you are offline, different errors may occure in Launcher. If so, please restart present4D. Current driver versions have a bug: the controller are not active after starting present4D To activate the controller press the oculus button on the controller and go directly back into present4D.
NEW in Version 1.5 - 01.05.2018
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Improved data transfer to mobile devices via cable
- SteamVR Version Supports: HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality headsets and other
- Mobile Launcher: better scrolling behavior
- Mobile Launcher: better click behavior
- Mobile Launcher: in flight mode now all tours are available (mixed ClientIDs)
- Mobile Launcher: when the smart phone is online, tours that have been manually copied to the mobile device are visible even if they are not stored on our server
- Import: when importing stereo content, the term “stereo” is removed from the displayed Location name
- Mirror smoothing if present4D is connected to a large screen
Network & Conference
- Improved proxy support
- Conference: Fixed an error with “Auto Join”
- Conference: “Mirror via Network” can now also be temporarily switched off on mobile devices
- improved Samsung S8 stability
- improved iOS stability
- iOS: prevent the iPhone from becoming inactive once present4D is active
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Unofficial introduction of Custom Logic (CL) for enhanced flexibility. The CL enables the development of multiple choice tests, gaming approaches and smarter presentations including analytics and an interface for opening external applications as well as protocols such as MQTT. Please contact us for further information.
- 360°-Streaming (File stream and HLS live stream)
- Automatic 360° panorama import from FARO® WebShare Projects
NEW in Version 1.4 - 26.09.2017
Improved interface individualisation Desktop icon for GearVR app Realtime text in POIs
End actions for 360° videos Screensaver video Define a start Location Presentation background sound
Network & Conference
iOS Version starting at iPhone 6 official Vive Beta
New File Structure¶
Instead the folder ``data``, on PC you now see your clientID as folder.
Inside the clientID folder
xxx-xxx you find all your existing presentations now.
They are named “data_mypresentation”.
The preview images for the launcher you will find in xxx-xxx/ImageCache they are named with an under bar as prefix: “_mypresentation.jpg”
Import old Presentations¶
Automatic conversion of an old presentations¶
- In launcher enter your serial number or clientID.
- Copy your folder
databeside present4D application (.exe) or inside the clientID folder
- Restart present4D.
- The converting starts automatically and you can enter a name for the presentation.
Manual conversion of multiple old presentations¶
- Rename each of the old presentation´s folder
datainto “data_mypresentation” - where “my_presentation” represents the the new name for the respective presentation.
- Copy the folders “data_mypresentation” into the clientID folder
- Start present4D