View Projects and Collaborate¶
To be successful with the viewer mode of VR-Suite it is important to understand how to open projects, how to interact with the software, how to navigate a project, and how to use Conference Mode.
Enter your Project¶
- Enter a Portal Key to display the projects that are available to view.
- Download any of the available projects by clicking on the cloud symbol.
- Start a Project via the Play button in the middle of the project preview images.
Windowed or Fullscreen View¶
You can set up whether you want the Viewer to display as windowed or full screen. See chapter: Screen Mode: Fullscreen or Windowed
Viewing 360° Images with VR-Glass, Mouse or Touchscreen¶
The VR-Suite works with and without VR-Glasses on a variety of devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. To navigate the 360° Locations you have different options.
- PC & Mac non-VR mode with a mouse
- Use your mouse or your Touchpad. Look around by holding down the left-mouse button and moving the mouse.
- PC & Mac non-VR with keyboard
- Use q to turn left and e to turn right
- Mobile Devices
- Can be used in Gyroscope Mode or Touch Mode. This can be selected in the Project Portals upper left corner. There you can switch between the modes: VR, Touch, Gyroscope See chapter: Project Portal on Smartphones
Interact with Symbols - VR-click¶
Interactivity on the computer mainly takes place with the mouse when not in VR mode. The mouse click in VR is performed with a head rotation. In the VR-Suite, a crosshair appears in the center of the screen when you are near by an interactive element. When the crosshairs are placed on a symbol, a circle is formed. If the circle is closed, it corresponds to releasing the mouse button after a click. In this case the VR click.
- Open Slideshows by looking at an Info button
- Close Slideshows by looking outside the border of the slideshow
- Slideshow Video: Set time by looking on the progress bar. Don’t try to pull the circle on the progress bar.
Using the Conference¶
In Conference Mode you can view the same VR-Suite project with several users at the same time (the Project is downloaded and runs on each device, only the viewing direction of the individual participants is shared)
Prepare the Project¶
If you desire to establish a conference with multiple people, it is important to use the correct settings in the Editor before distributing the project. This ensures that the Start Conference Button is available on the Start Screen of the project.
How to setup a conference: Preparations for using a Conference
Start a Conference¶
- Start your Project
- Choose Start Conference in the Start Screen.
- Click on the right arrow to proceed or use one of the following options:
- Enter the name of the Conference
- If you want to protect the Conference you can set a password.
- User name
- This name is displayed under your Laser Pointer Dot which indicates where you are looking at.
Enter an existing Conference¶
- Start your Project
- Choose one of the listed Conferences under the button Start Conference.
If the other user is in the same Wifi, you can choose whether you want to participate locally or over the Internet.
Conference Control Panel¶
In Conference Mode there is a rectangular Control Panel left to the iMenu Icon.
- Look straight forward
- Look down until i is displayed
- Look to the left on the name “conference” to ensure you do not open the iMenu by accident.
Visit our Youtube Tutorial Video Channel